Friday, September 4, 2009

First 5 Mile Run of the Season

I’m just returning from our first 5 mile run of the season. Man am I tired!!! Well at least I ran about 2 of the miles then I caught a ride from one of our check point people! ;-) As I reported in an earlier post, I’m going to list the top five finishers. Sorry I don’t have any pictures of the run to go along with this post. 1st place finisher Kasey Cates 34:37, 2nd Place Nathan Downs 35:22, 3rd Place Daniel Yuraitis 36:19, 4th place Ryan Stark 36:42, and 5th place Jobi Hambrick 38:26. These times are not good times but this is the first time they have ran the 5 mile in this season. Kasey Cates best time last year was about 7 minutes faster, but then again Kasey is recovering from an injury as well. I’m looking forward to the improved times in weeks to come. I’ll keep you posted! After the hard run today we are taking the weekend off. Many wrestlers will be able to spend some time with friends and family back home. For those who are unable to head home for this Labor Day weekend we will be having a family style picnic at Daniel Yuraitis’ families home up in LaGrange, MO. We plan to do some fishing and swimming in their little lake. We will probably also do a little target shooting as well. Today is my daughters 3 month birthday and I have to post at least one picture of her on this special day!;-) Have a Great Labor Day Weekend!

No comments: