Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day One Lifting

The highlight of my morning this morning, besides holding my newborn daughter this morning ;-), was seeing our HLG wrestlers working hard in the weight room. Yes, today is the first of many days that our wrestlers will spend together shedding sweat and improving their strength and physique in the weight room. We had two wrestlers on both ends of the weight class system ending the session with their head over a trash can doing you know what. After a quick ab work out I quoted Psalms 118:42, This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. I challenged them to rejoice in this good day and to live their lives for the fullest and to the Glory of God. I challenged them not to sleep in class or drift off in their thoughts, but to do their best during this day that God has given them to live. I told our wresters to live this day well because they will never get to relive this day. I then closed with prayer and Daniel Yuraites broke us out with “1…2...3…Hard Work!” I will take my camera this afternoon as we do our conditioning on the lighthouse steps. Hopefully this evening I’ll get some pictures posted hopefully not of anyone doing you know what.

2 comments:

SuperDave said...

I would like to know, what is your lifting program like?

Coach Hawes said...

When you come on campus we will give you an overview of what we do for lifting.