Monday, October 19, 2009

ANNOUNCING THE FIRST EVER TROJAN WRESTLING CAMP 2010

One of the goals that I had coming in last year as the new head coach of Hannibal-LaGrange College’s wrestling program was to start having QUALITY summer wrestling camps. I’m happy to announce that this summer I’m planning our first ever Hannibal-LaGrange College Trojan Wrestling Camp. I’m also pleased to announce that my college wrestling coach and Olympic Champion Ben Peterson has committed to being a key clinician at the Trojan Wrestling Camp (TWC) which is scheduled for June 27th-June 1st. Ben Peterson is also the Executive Director of Camp of Champs and directs his summer camps in Wisconsin. In spite of his busy schedule, Ben has graciously offered his services to Hannibal-LaGrange College wrestling for a few days this summer. In order to compliment the HLG coaching staff I’m now working to line up at least one other Camp of Champs clinician who has been at least an All-American wrestler. HLG wrestlers will also be utilized in running TWC. I’m trying to keep TWC affordable! I would like to keep it in the $225-$250 price range for residential campers and $125-$150 for commuters, but I have to finalize a few more details before I release the final price. This year we are going to focus TWC on 9-12 grades. In years to come we may expand the camp to include lower grades, but I don’t want to take on more than our program is ready to handle. My head assistant coach, Ian Northcott, is also our strength and conditioning coach, and he will be teaching Healthy Weight Loss, Lifting and Conditioning Strategies. Start spreading the word about the Trojan Wrestling Camp! More details will be posted about TWC soon!

No comments: